The Feature/Genre Competition is now open. The closing date is November 30. In this category, we’re calling for pieces about ghosts or ‘hauntings’. Interpret ‘hauntings’ as you will, but stories should be embedded with some supernatural elements/events.
We’ve changed the rules…you can now enter any competition category, including this one, as many times as you like. AND there’s no entry form required.
How to Submit and Other Details:
- Pay the AUD$20 entry fee via PayPal, or with a debit or credit card, using the PayPal button at the bottom of this page.
- Attach your story as a word document to an email and put ‘Feature/Genre Competition’ in the subject line. Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field of Words will send email confirmation that we have received your entry and PayPal payment.
- Entries are to be between 1000 – 2000 words long (not including the title).
- Field of Words will publish the names and works of finalists around the end of each month. The work of finalists will be promoted via boosted posts across social media channels. Selection of finalists is subject to the judges’ discretion. We reserve the right not to post any finalists if we feel entries fail to demonstrate a sufficiently high standard of writing.
- The names and works of the winner and runner up will be published on the Field of Words website. However, copyright remains with the author.
- The winner of the competition will be awarded AUD$500. The runner up will be awarded AUD$125. The works of the winner and runner up will be promoted via boosted posts across social media channels.
- The prizes will be sent to successful entrants via PayPal.
- All stories must be written in English.
- In terms of deadlines, we work on Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Please click on the links below for other important information.
Field of Words Competition Judges
Stories will be read and judged by Eileen Herbert-Goodall, who holds a Doctorate of Creative Arts, and is a published writer of fiction and non-fiction; and Shastra Deo, who holds a Masters in Writing, Editing and Publishing, is a published writer of fiction and an award-winning poet.
Payment & Submission for Feature/Genre Competition
- Pay via PayPal. The Feature/Genre competition entry fee is AUD$20.00 per story.
- Email your story to: email@example.com
- We will acknowledge your entry and payment via email within 24 hours.