Compared to Sydney, Wollongong offers a much better option to residents who want to settle down in this third-largest city in New South Wales. While the median house price in Sydney is close to A$1.2 million, the same in the suburb of Horsley in Wollongong is only A$690,000. Horsley suburb also offers an attractive 4.9% rental yield over the last decade, making it an excellent prospect for investors. These factors, combined with easy connectivity, make the city of Wollongong a great place to live and work.
More Wollongong SEO available at https://www.clicksmarketing.com.au/seo/wollongong/
Not sure whether your Wollongong business would benefit more from SEO or PPC? Deciding where your digital marketing budget should go is not easy for business owners. This often leaves them wondering which the better strategy is. Here is a detailed breakdown of both SEO and PPC to see which fits into your marketing plan better.
SEO for Wollongong businesses
SEO is referred to as a natural or an organic or way for lead generation. SEO involves optimizing your web pages for enhancing the position of your business in search engine results. Organic SEO makes sure that the search engine bots can understand what exactly is on your web pages so that they will rank your site higher than your competitors.
SEO strategies can be impacted due to the changes and trends in Google’s algorithms. Despite the changes, SEO comes down to crafting a website that adequately explains what your business is into. Also, it should provide helpful content to both human visitors and Google search crawlers.
This requires ensuring that the website is in good shape by developing content that is search engine-friendly and appeals to human readers as well as search engine bots. Also, cultivating inbound links from other sites can indicate your authority and improves your rankings.
Advantages of SEO
- Is very cost-effective and is a relatively stable strategy
- Is long-lasting – an optimized site can keep you at a high position in search results long after a PPC campaign has been stopped
- A well-optimized site with excellent content and good link authority can hold its search position even if you step away from it for a month, whereas PPC ad positions change as per the bidding tactics of competitors.
- SEO is slow in comparison to PPC campaigns. You may need months to optimize your site to start seeing results, whereas PPC will start fetching you instant results
- SEO is an ongoing and time-consuming process that demands require regular work. However, it will ensure good rankings in the long run.
Pay-per-click (PPC) strategy
When you buy clicks or visitors from Google or other search engines, it is referred to as PPC advertising. This strategy allows you to leverage search engine traffic by paying or bidding for keywords pertaining to the product or service you offer in Wollongong.
Advantages of PPC
- You will see immediate results as soon as you launch a PPC campaign, whereas SEO can often take months before you start to see your site moving up in the search engine results
- PPC is controllable and scalable, which helps you estimate an accurate budget for digital marketing
- Using PPC implies you don’t have to rely on a search engine’s algorithm impacting your position. With SEO, you need to optimize your site as per Google’s standards of best practice else you could lose your ranking in the search results.
Drawbacks of PPC
- You need to pay to witness good results. The more you pay, the better the results are
- Once you stop a PPC campaign, it stops providing you leads. SEO, on the other hand, is long-lasting.
Which is better for Wollongong businesses?
Deciding which strategy is better for Wollongong businesses is dependent on your budget and industry. Both well-structured PPC and SEO campaigns tend to provide the best results for a business. If you have the budget and wish to see an immediate impact, then a PPC campaign would be suitable for your business. If you have a longer timeline, you need to try SEO to improve the reach of your Wollongong business.